TOP NEWS

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mollie #35 - Angol, Chile - Big, Yellow Bridge, Mich, Power of Words

                                           June 24
Hey all,

   So, nothing, I think, will change here in Chile with the new changes. Angol is like 15-20 years behind the US, as far as technology, in a good way. For example for many, if not most of the people the only way to access the internet is through internet pubs and school computers. I doubt I will be getting a blog or anything else.

   Mich - Loved the pictures of Tiny. She is cute and looks a lot like you. Last week in Utah - whooo hooo! I know you have been waiting for this day for a long time. Still, summer in Jersey is bound to be fun. Be sure to send me pictures next week! Have fun finishing up packing and on the road trip.

    We went to visit this bridge, Fuente Maiyeco, the other day in Collipulli. It is big and yellow, and the view is spectacular it is over this giant valley. We hiked down to the water afterwards - got lost and ended up hiking back up another way, and then had to walk on the highway to get back, but it was lots of fun.









Spiritual Thought - "I am the Word"

    Through stories like those of Coriantumr and the brother of Jared in the Book of Mormon, we hear about the power of the true word of God. 

     I've been thinking about words lately.  I like the example of how the word 'Dios' in Spanish means 'He gave' as well as 'God.' Through words, we can be given connections. 

    The word for 'sun' in Spanish is 'sol' which is pronounced like 'soul.' In English it is 'sun' like 'son.' If we want, we can make connections there to Christ. There is power in the word and the form of language.

Just some thoughts I've been having...

My companion, Hermana Nelson, and me

Lots of love,

          Hermana Bowman

   

0 comments: