TOP NEWS

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Riley #67 - Huntington Park, CA - Goals, Following Up

                               May 12, 2014
Hi Everyone,


 It was great talking to you all. Next time might be in person!  (I'm still not sure when my actual departure date will be).  It doesn't look like we will be able to send those pictures today, but maybe next week. Most of them were of the service we did. It was fun service and the USC Coliseum is pretty neat to see.

     We had Zone Conference Wednesday. They're always great. 

     One of the focuses was planning and goal setting, an idea that has been pounded into me again and again on the mission. I think it is starting to get through a little.

      President Weidman explained simply the process to achieve our goals: Set a goal, plan how to meet your goal, execute your plans = achieve your goals, then set another goal. Sounds fairly obvious and straight forward, but something I've not always done on my mission.

     It's been going great out here, although getting a little hot. The ward has been really friendly and have been feeding us almost every day. The people are usually friendly and polite.

     I just heard Elder Ballard's talk again about following up this morning. Read through it again.

    

 I know Jake and I talked about Preach My Gospel  study a little yesterday, but I was just wondering if you have had a chance to look at it, Mother. Hopefully, you guys have had a chance to read through it at least once.


Love,
              Elder Bowman

0 comments: