TOP NEWS

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mollie #82 - Padres Las Casas, Chile - Last Letter on Mission

                           June 9, 2014

Hi!

   So I will see you guys in a week!



We got our General Conference Liahona Magazine two days ago. It has naturally been my new focus. 

In the last General Conference edition (Oct 2013), I marked up all of the positive inspirations from the talks. 

With this one, I am looking for" if..thens" or subtle commandments from apostles and promised blessings. 

If I get the time, I am going to mark up positive inspiration as well. I have only gotten through the first five talks or so.



One thought by Elder Holland that I love is:

If people want any gods at all, they want them to be gods
 who do not demand much
 - comfortable gods, 
smooth gods who not only don't rock the boat,
 but don't even row it.






Spiritual Thought

Love one another as I have loved you.

If ye love me keep the commandments,



Christ-like love is the greatest need we have on this planet in part, because righteousness was always supposed to accompany it.

I've been thinking of righteousness and Christ-like love...



How does one demand things of people without taking away their free agency?

I have been working on this thought. 
Righteous demanding. 

Bishops ask of the ward members. Parents ask of their families. Wives sometimes ask of their husbands.

What is the difference between demanding and commanding? Are they the same? 

Mother always says commands begin with verbs or action words. If followed, that action happens and the glory of the action goes to he that commanded the action. 

I am jumbled in this thought. We have commandments to follow in our best interest, so we can find happiness and spiritual, eternal joy.

Through these commandments - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one - and how we can be one with God.


____________________________

We still are having lots and lots of rain. One has to love Temuco. I am really loving my sleeping bag. 


We haven´t been up to much -
-Contacting and trying to bring investigators to church. 
-Doing experiments in the microwave.  
-Sorting our binder and updating our map ( more creating the map here is not organized at all. ) 
-I have created a pretty decent sugar cookie microwave recipe. 
-Praying a lot and going in the rain. 
-Hammering down some goals. 
-More rain. 

I am afraid this is why I don´t have pictures. I can´t carry around my camera with how much it is raining. It is too dangerous. 

Here is a comic for you I've made awhile back...I can't remember if I sent it to you already.

(Click to Enlarge)



We have a lot of fun new investigators. We talked to two hippies the other day - an inactive member and his friend. They asked the most interesting questions. Agnostics.



Love you lots,

       Hermana Bowman

0 comments: