TOP NEWS

Monday, May 26, 2014

Mollie #78 - Padres Las Casas, Chile - The doing changes the being

                                                      May 12, 2014

Hey Everyone,

  First off, about going to Michele's, I´d rather go sooner to be perfectly honest.

Here's what I've been up to this past week: 


Internet Pub- This is where you can find large collections of missionaries every Monday

Walking in the morning I like the colors in the morning. 

I told you that Chile runs off of different colors.

   This week I have spent a loooot of time on the bus - over 20 hours in total.

I dozed the whole time, otherwise I just feel sick.  

Construction and houses- Almost all of Chile is under some type of construction or another. 
     This is in part due to the large amount of poorly constructed box houses that are always thrown up after earthquakes.

     Chile also has a lot of foreigners. I think it is almost 20 percent of the population here, but you should look it up. Chile has a very stable economy, and so it is expanding well.

    So the other day we were visiting Leslie, and she showed us this stove that her boyfriend's grandfather made.


It is a solid copper, wood burning water heater. I had never seen one before, so I had to take a picture. Copper is really common here in Chile. It is used to make everything. It was especially used in old things. 

SO you see this window here. It has an excellent story.
     We pushed my very small 90 lb companion through that bathroom window to break into a house the other day. It was a family of investigators. They were all locked out, and we had an appointment. It was freezing cold!  Needless to say, we had quite a bit of fun. We were all laughing afterward. We went to a Family Home Evening at the family Malileo.

  
 Here my companion is modeling.
     So my companion had brought some dresses on the mission that she needed to add slips to. A less-active member that is living with her boyfriend- altered them for her.

Here is my companion with the person who added slips to her dresses.

  The grandparents of her boyfriend gave her this house. She has big remodeling plans. She is really great.

Spiritual thought

The doing changes the being. We had a whole conference about it. Pay attention what you are doing. Where is your time spent? What goals have you set? Is your time spent on your priorities? Where are your spiritual goals lying in your life?

Elder Aidukaitis said,

"... If we are sincerely seeking the truth, we will do all in our power to find it, which can include reading the scriptures, going to church, and doing our best to keep the commandments of God. It also means that we are willing to do God’s will when we find it."

I invite you to think about the things you are doing, 
and how that affect who you are.

Love,
                   Hermana Bowman

0 comments: