TOP NEWS

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mollie #66 - Villa Obispo, Chile - Painting, Postreton Planning, and Humility

                                            February 10

Hey All,

      I am currently in Concepcion for return and report, because I am training. I hoping to pick up some earrings and maybe a suitcase here in Concepcion.  

It has been a fun week. We painted a house white, cleaned out a junk room, taught a lesson that included discussing wiji boards and hand signals to call bad spirits.  It's a blessing to teach people about using prayers, scriptures, and the priesthood for answers instead.



    We walked a lot. We had intercambios. I finally got to know who Hermana Marchant is. She is an ex-companion of a lot of my companions (I'd heard a lot about her!)

     We divided the sector with the Elders. I don’t know if I explained it to you, but this ward has four missionaries. So we were all kind of just working in all sides, because it is really hard to split a sector. We lose investigators. So we talked and decided it would be better to split the sector with them. So now we will be looking for new people this week. I think this will really help me, because I won´t get so lost all the time. You can ask my companion.  I am always looking at the map. 

     We are working to arrange a postreton which is a big pastry competition. We are planning to have it at the church. We will see how it goes.
    My companion is finally adjusting to the mission better. She found it really hard when she first got here. She is used to the perfect California Disneyland weather and found all of the walking in these crazy temperatures really stressful.

Spiritual Thought:
I've been teaching about humility, being weak of heart. It is relying on God and his truth more than our own truth.  From General Conference,  Ulisses Soares shared:

      Being meek does not mean weakness, but it does mean behaving with goodness and kindness showing strength serenity healthy self-worth and self-control. It is not possible to grow and develop it in the twinkling of an eye but rather through the process of time. 

Rather than solve the problem himself, the lord wants us to develop the faith that will help us rely upon Him in solving our problems and trust him.

My scripture of the week is in Proverbs 16:
 aCommit thy works unto the Lord, and thy bthoughts shall be established.

If you are humble the Lord will help you establish your way. You will reach a potential that is above your own thoughts for yourself. 

I've seen this so many times on my mission, with myself and those we teach. Working humbly with the lord and trusting his path brings the potential out in each of us. Sometimes we fight it or question it. Sometimes it's a lot more work than we want to do, but always we grow, and in looking back we see that by humbling ourselves our potential and expectations have grown.

                Love you lots,
                         Hermana Bowman

0 comments: