TOP NEWS

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Riley #34 - Lomita, CA - Chinese Museum, Gaining Weight, Family History


                                                                          September 9, 2013


Hi Everyone,

     We went to the Chinese museum at Sunrider last week and took some pictures there so I am sending those as well. The branch President is the non-missionary in the photo, and the sisters are temporarily Chinese missionaries. I think I told you about them. The other Chinese elder in the photo is Elder Yang, who was in the photo I sent last week as well.



  Thanks for the box of goodies from Bowman and Poppop. I shall enjoy them even though I have been gaining weight - around 160 now. The members and nonmembers have been feeding us well. We have an English class student who always brings food for us, because he worries we don't eat enough.

    Another person we met recently keeps on giving us food. She is amazingly hospitable and has stuffed us with food every time we go over. This presents a small problem. We went over to teach her last week, but instead ended up being fed instead. In the end, we went back to the apartment with enough food for lunch and dinner the next two days and 5 pounds heavier than we were when we went in. It amazes me that she is willing to do so much for people she has hardly met.

     Things have been going well here. Chinese school started up again, and we went to help out on Saturday morning. From what they told us, we aren't going to be assigned to a certain classroom, but go wherever they need help that day. Hopefully, this will give me the chance to work on my Chinese, as well as give us the opportunity to meet more Chinese people in the community.

     The Family History fireside got pushed to next month. Could you send me some family stories? I am not sure how much we are going to do, but it would be good to have something to share if it comes to it. Particularly those dealing with the church. I remember you telling me once about an ancestor who didn't take his children to church because he had to work when his wife died, but don't remember the details.


Thanks.


Love,
              Elder Bowman

0 comments: