TOP NEWS

Monday, April 1, 2013

Mollie #23 - Angol, Chile - Easter Sunday Talk and Pigeons


              

            April 1, 2013
Hey All,

     Wow! That was a lot of information for this week. I don't have a lot of time left, so there will only be one or two photos.
    It is great to hear about Kara, congratulations Sister Siebach! I'm sure spoiling the baby is going to be a fun. 

     It made me think about Sarah Ashby...how is she doing? I know Julia probably went back to the gulf. Have you heard any updates about her?

    The pictures of Madeline were ace. I loved them. Easter dresses were always so fussy. Good to know that Madeleine also thinks that all the lace is a little much. But then again... this is coming from the girl that had someone literally run away from her fashion sense! 

Madeleine in her Aunt Mollie's 1st Easter Dress

      This week was my first talk in Sacrament Meeting!  I spoke about Christ....always do :). 

        I'll share some of my thoughts and what I shared, although it won't be as organized.  This time it was Easter Sunday, so I spoke about the Atonement and Resurrection.

    Many churches celebrate Easter or Pascua by showing videos and speaking about the Atonement...that moment in time when Christ took on all of the sins of the world. It is sad, dramatic, and really just not how I or probably many remember Christ. 

 
      
     More important than the death of Christ, is the life of Christ and resurrection of Christ. He died in the greatest act of love in the history of the world. He took all of the pains, infirmities, afflictions, sins, and temptation of the world.  
And for what reason? He needed to know how to succor his people.
 (Alma 7) 
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16 13)
Christ overcame sin and overcame death.  In this way, He overcame the world. 
     We are asked to do the same...(Ether 55) To overcome sin and death through Christ and through repentance. Then we can have peace and be of good cheer!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mission President Martinez and his wife
My English class was a hit. Ten people attended!
     Item of interest to you all - I have a problem with pigeons. Twice this one pigeon keeps coming on my head. No Jake I am not a tree and no Michele my hair is not a mess. Just an odd thing that happened - twice!        

       We have two new sisters in the house. One is a Southern California girl and is tall -  like five ten. We all get along great! 
Things I kind of need:
Easy way to clean shoes.  A new pair of flats. Mine are worn out.
Pinterest recipes off my board
               Sorry - No time for more.
                                         Lots of love,
                                                      Hermana Bowman

0 comments: