TOP NEWS

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mollie #7 - Comics of Early AM Fire Alarm

                                           January 15, 2013

Dear Family,

Half of the fire alarms in our building look like this.




But, you should be glad to know that they work!


   Last night, these alarms went off at 4:00am. Evidently, a pipe had burst in the basement. It took us about 3 minutes to get outside. I was the first one up in our room. I told everyone to grab their shoes and coats and get outside!
   The alarms are as loud as police sirens. The flashing bright lights made me feel like I was walking on uneven ground - (meaning I was half-awake).


 We all gathered at the gym in a large pile. Can I just say, that next time, I'm going to add blanket and pillow to the things I need to grab!

   One of my roommates said that she thought it was a very loud alarm clock. The other said that she just froze trying to remember what it was that was most important to grab.

    We stayed in the gym for an hour and a half.

    In the end, we were all dog-piled on top of a bunch of yoga mats half-asleep.

    Let's just say the next day seemed very long. All of us were drifting off in class and devotional. We talked nonsense.




Love,
   Mollie


0 comments: