TOP NEWS

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mollie #16 - A Stranger's Note, A Donny Story, and Comics


                                 February 26, 2013

Hey All,

Valentine's Day with My Roomies - Hermana Ferrel, Hermana Porter, Hermana Peck, and Me
      Ugg... I am sick with a cold...AGAIN. My face is red and we are taking pictures today, because we are leaving. I really don't want to be sick for our 18+ hr plane ride and 30+ hr total transition time. I am the travel leader (aka Master Commander of Travel) because my last name comes first.


I'm with one of my teacher, Hermana Doxey. (I'm sick in this photo.)
By the way, is there any chance you guys could put a little bit of money in my bank account for the trip? It would be good to have something to fall back on if things don't work out right in the Santiago airport. If you can't DON'T worry too much about it.


Those in my district going to Chile with the Chilean flag. Over and over we are told how uniquely special our whole district is. We all get along so well. Never anything but good feelings and positive times together.

     Thanks for the shirts and dress. The dress is short, but if I wear a skirt under it it is alright. The shirts fit pretty well.  I was thinking more along the lines of one of my own dresses, but that is alright.

   Speaking of dresses, there's two comics I'm sending about appearances and taking a break from appearances.



Yes, this happens!
(Click to Enlarge)




Code Elder


     The cake was a disaster when it got here. I think someone seriously shook up the box. We still ate most of it. I really liked the chocolate covered strawberries.


     Jake,  I'll call my phone you should now have Monday between 9-11 (911 calling in an airport = Irony). If you tell your teachers they will let you pick up the phone. We can talk. If you don't pick up I will be a little mad, but I'll forgive you. I'm sending my entire MTC schedule so you and everyone else can understand more how every minute is scheduled. You'll be going soon!
MTC Week 9 Schedule
(Click to Enlarge)

Okay, so Mom, I should be able to call your phone as well. I hope you have the phones figured out when I call.
 Packing X 4 Girls
(Click to Enlarge) 


Once I arrive and settle in Chile, you won't get the letter I write you for at least 2-3 weeks. Don't worry. It's just the beginning that takes a while. We all are feeling pretty confident with our Spanish, even though we still mix up words sometimes.




Hey, can you start forwarding me Riley's letters? I am sending you a letter for Gabby and Elena as well.

     I have a couple more things to share. One is kind of funny. So you know how I have no ability to sit still. Well, every Sunday during the spiritual film, I walk instead of sit. There is no gym on Sunday, and they expect us to be able to sit in desks and chairs for about 12 hours. It's crazy! So, I walk during the film. Anyway, after the film some random person I didn't know came up to me and handed me the little note I'm sending you. He handed it to me, then just walked away!  :)





I don't have a single family photo. Not one of our entire family. Please send me one when I am in Chile. And I do need a photo of Donny.


Mollie and Donny right before she left to MTC

So you asked for a Donny story I might use:

     Once I had a strong desire to make something of an overgrown corner of our yard. The trees and bushes were overgrown, and there was a natural beauty there overlooking the creek. A very large pile of black rocks were in the center of the area - a stash of coal that laid there for years. I worked hard at clearing the bushes and trimming the trees. I tied them so there was a canopy of shade and worked the ground to have different levels. I planted some plants and soon the area was an improvement, except, of course, those rocks. Finally, I just couldn't ignore them anymore. I couldn't move on even a little unless I took the time and energy to move those giant, black rocks.  One by one, I began moving the rocks. It was hard, and they were very heavy. Still, I had a purpose, and I had goal. I knew that I was strong enough to lift them, one by one...But when I started to try, the work was slow and not really progressing.

    One day, I realized that I needed some help in moving them. I called an 11 yr-old boy named Donny to come and assist me. Donny saw what I was trying to do, and that I was discouraged. He listened and comforted me, and encouraged me as I moved my rocks. Sometimes, when he could, he would help me lift the rocks and move them, until one day, we together finally met my goal.
 
   Similarly, sometimes we are progressing, but there is something we are trying to ignore that we can see and are greatly aware is keeping us from our goal. Unfortunately, these things are often ugly, even black, and very heavy. They require a lot of work, a lot of strength, and a lot of time we'd rather spend on doing something else, but we can't reach our goal unless we move the black rocks. There is always help for when we get discouraged. If we call on God and talk to him through prayer He can give us comfort through the Holy Ghost and strengthen us, until we have moved each black rock from our pile.

New address for you guys. Write, please!

Chile Concepcion South Mission
O'Higgens 940 Oficina 503
Concepcion, BIO-BIO Chile

                                                                    No more time.

                                                                                          Lots of Love,
                                                                                           Mollie Bowman

0 comments: