TOP NEWS

Monday, August 3, 2015

Jake #3 - Provo, UT - Energetic, Spanish Speaking Companion, Working With Little Sleep

​​


                                               December 18, 2015

Hey,
   
    So Its been a very quick week. My progress in Spanish is starting to slow down some. My third companion left for the field, and we are now teaching five investigators.

 I really like the food here a lot, as evidenced by I have in two weeks gained a substantial amount of weight (not to my displeasure.) I've gained weight, though we rarely have enough time to eat as long as we would like, or do anything for that matter.

 I know that my companion was a divinely-assisted decision to be with me. He is the most energetic guy in our zone and also knows the most Spanish. He worked in a factory for two years with a lot of Mexicans, so it really helped him out.



 Sleep is always in high demand. With such a little supply, it's becoming increasingly hard to focus in the long hours of class. In listening to the words of the prophets in conference talks, I have found more ways to use or apply their words all the time here. 

My hard investigator had direct revelation during one of our lessons. 

I need my shoes my suits. Please go to the Missionary Mall and find out if they have sent my shoes. If not, give them this address or pick them up yourself and give them to me. Five different colors of sticky notes would also be nice and some pens. Food really isn't needed.  Also, I will be able to call on Christmas for 30 minutes. Somewhere between 3:15-5:15, so be there if you can. I will be calling the home phone. 

That is all for the time being. My departure date from the MTC is January 12. 

Elder Jacob Morgan Bowman
Jan 12 ARG-NEU
2007 N 900 E Unit 57
Provo UT 84602


Love,
Elder Bowman

0 comments: