TOP NEWS

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Riley #8 - Last MTC Letter, LA Flight, A Busy Week


                                                                                          March 5, 2013

Dear Family,
 
   The flight will leave tomorrow, as I think I already said, around 8:30AM and arrives around 9:30. We leave the MTC at 5:00AM. There is a group of 18 missionaries heading out to LAX and the LA area for missions.


 I think most are going to be speaking English, but probably some Spanish as well.  I will probably try to call as early as I can, but I don't know when I will get the chance to call. If, for some reason, I am not able to call before I leave, I may get a chance once I arrive in LA.

Madeleine on Blessing Day
    I really loved the picture of Madeleine and the story of her having three shots. Also, I was glad to receive the Father's letter. I can't say I was all that surprised you were looking for a bookstore while in Vegas; I was more surprised you couldn't find a good one.

    I am sorry to hear about Dylan. I can't imagine what his family must be going through and wish I could do something for them. He was always fun to be around. He created fun. It's really sad.

     A lot happened this week. Last Tuesday, for the devotional, we had Elder M. Russell Ballard come and talk. He gave a great talk about being missionaries and missionary work, and it was good especially to hear his testimony.
Elder M. Russell Ballard
Wednesday, we had the chance to host missionaries. It was a lot of fun and we got to meet some missionaries we don't normally see . 
     Thursday, I had Infield Orientation all day. They reviewed some things we needed to go over before we leave. Most of what we learn at the MTC is about how to teach and how to improve our teaching in an appointment setting. 
     For Infield Orientation, we focused on the other aspects of missionary work such as finding, planning, and working with members and ward leadership.

    By the way, I need the Father to put a little more of my money on my debit card. They ask us to have $200 for travel, but I may want to buy something else before I leave. Mother, I gave Sam Rainsden your glasses, and she said she would get them to you. Hopefully, I'll talk with you tomorrow.

                                                                                             Love,
                                                                                      
                                                                                            Elder Bowman

0 comments: