TOP NEWS

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mollie #19 in Angol, Chile - Understanding Death, An Earthquake Victim, My House/Bedroom

                                                                                      March 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

     So, so, sad to hear about Dylan. Quick to smile and laugh and always moving, not someone who was ever sitting still, always fun to talk to and willing to act whether asked to or not.

If I could send you a hug in an email I would. I can´t imagine losing a son or a brother, not at all. My heart goes out to you all - Brother and Sister Jensen, Morgan, Bailey, Cora, Gage, and Dane.

    My grandmother died this last spring. From this, I grew a testimony of the fact that those that we love never truly leave us. They leave an impression on our souls: the part of us that is uniquely us and not body.
  
    In the scriptures, (Isaiah 49:16ish) & other places, Christ talks about how He has written us on His hands, how we are never far from him, how our walls are continually before Him, and that He is reaching still.

Christ's Hand Reaching
      I personally believe that we are written on Christ´s countenance or soul- that we are a part of him. I also believe that He is written on our souls that this is the Light of Christ.

     I think the Light of Christ is the memory of Christ within us, and it is this that lets us discern good from evil. It is this that leads us to search for truth.


Mema
       I similarly believe that those we truly love leave impressions on us throughout our lives, that they are written upon our soul, and that like Christ, they live on in every choice that we make. In the very person that we are.
I  believe that they reach towards us still and
 see our walls that we hold around us.

Death is not the end, this is true. I can´t really say much to help. But have faith and turn to God. I can´t understand, but I promise that He can. He sent and let his son be crucified for this purpose.

And he shall go forth, suffering pains and  afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

    We have an investigator right now, and man who is struggling with death. He lost his two sons in an earthquake and is angry with God right now. It has made him miserable. He has separated himself from all that was once dear to him. He was lost, but I think he is more stuck now. Currently, he is searching, I think, for a way to progress.

        Love is the answer. If or when he feels the love that God has for him and for his sons, then he will understands that a loving God would never want him to be separated forever from his sons. There is a plan for happiness. We will not always be separated from our loving Heavenly Father, and we will not always be separated from those people here that are dearest to our heart.


     I am tired all the time, but it is good. It means that I am working hard. I sent you a pic of our  bed and our house.



  I will try to send a pic of the two of us later. I am getting to know the members of the ward and that is fun. We have three referrals so far. The main food dishes here is sopapillas, rice, and meat with some sort of juice or soda.

                                                               No time for more.

                                                                                        Lots of Love,

                                                                                                         Mollie

PS Jake I would advise that you go on a mission as soon as possible. I think that it will really help with everything in your life. I will try to write a hand written letter later.

0 comments: